Anyway, I'm thinking of eight or nine broad classes that determine what Jobs (professions) you can enter and what activities benefit from an experience bonus.
Jobs determine what skills and Talents/Feats/Perks (whatever) one has acces too, and increase in 'Job Rank', which opens up new character advances (skills, attributes, abilites, so on).
So here's a quick sekeleton I've put together;
Fighter 'Man at Arms'
- Boomer (Combat 'Borg; Robocop, Briareos Hecatonchires)
- Samsonite (Augmented Soldier; performance enhancing drugs, organs, prosthetics)
- Powered Trooper (Powered Armor operator)
- Land Warrior (generalist warrior)
- Armored Crew (armored vehicle crewman; tanks, APCs, IFVs, walkers)
- Flyboy (combat aviator)
- Scout (wilderness path finding, tracking, survival, light infantry)
- Assassin (infiltrate, kill, exfiltrate)
Skilled Support, tech 'Technical Specialist'
- Field Medic (healer, paramedic)
- Tech-Spec (item repair and item craft)
- Hacker (opens doors, gets the info, spoofs sensors, etc)
- Drone Rigger (gathers intel, fun with remotely controlled robots)
- Scavenger (jury rigger and forager)
- City Rat? Ganger? (not sure where I'm going with this idea, streetwise maybe)
Skilled Support, expert 'Academic Expert'
- Field Scientist (smart guy, TONS of skills)
- Field Surgeon (medical doctor, sometimes, you need one)
- Field Researcher (three words; research, monster lore, weakness)
- Genius Spark (mad scientist! makes gadgets that shouldn't work, but do)
- Face Man (confidence trickster)
- Diplomat (negotiator)
- Spy (secret agent man)
- Fixer (Mr. Connections)
- Entertainer (traveling performer)
Mystical Support 'Mystics'
- Mystic (dabbler in Magyck and ESP)
- Summoner (Evocation Mage; summon and bind)
- Lesser Talent (minor ESPer; more skills fewer powers)
- Greater Talent (major ESPer; fewer skills, more powers)
- Sorcerer (Invoker of Alien Gods)
- Enchanter (Enchantment Mage; buff, debuff, control)
- Cleric (Invoker of the Gods of Men)
Fighter/Tech 'Military Speicialist'
- Special Forces (skilled warrior and leader of men)
- Combat Hacker (warrior with electronic war capability)
- Military Engineer (construct or tear down defenses)
- Field Armorer (warrior jury-rigger)
- Road Warrior (wheel-man, speed-demon, transporter)
- Tek Paladin (power trooper with scavenging, jury rigging and science!)
- Psi Knight (not a jedi)
- Spell Sword (classic fighter-mage)
- Spell 'Slinger (battle-mage)
- Warrior Nun (fighter-cleric, female)
- Battle Brother (fighter-cleric, male)
Fighter/Persuasion 'setting appropriate name here'
- Smuggler (Han Solo, Jack Burton)
- Six String Samurai (Bard; with a sword, and a steel guitar)
- Black Operative (James Bond; wetworks, sabotage, high action, plausible deniability )
- Techno-Mage (Mad Spark inventor-mage)
- Alchymist (transmuter of matter)
- Churigeon (bio-wizardry)
- Meta-Physician (scientist-mage researcher)
- PsychoScientist (psi-scientist)
- Psi-Comp. (psychic hacker)